Luton Borough Catering are our school meal provider.
Meals cost £2.10 per day.
Children in Rainbows, Years 1 and 2 are entitled to Universal Free School Meals. We strongly encourage children to have school meals as this supports their social development.
In our recent school meal survey, the majority of children said that the school meals were very good.
We hold themed meal days such as Christmas, Chinese New Year and Valentines.
We also offer parents/carers the opportunity to join the children for a hot school meal e.g. Mother's Day.
Some families may be eligible for free school meals.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Please contact the school office for further details - our office staff can help you through the application process.
Children may bring a packed lunch if they prefer. We are a 'Healthy School' and packed lunches should reflect this. We are also a nut free school so these should be avoided (including peanut butter).
All children eat meals together in the hall. In the summer, children with packed lunches may eat outside.